Press play to begin streaming the audio or right click the text link and choose save as or save link.
Download the MP3 [ 25 Minutes - 11 MB]
Robb Sutton is the owner of Mountain Biking by 198, a blog devoted to mountain biking, a subject that Robb is passionate about.
Robb is a member of Blog Mastermind and also runs a personal blog at RobbSutton.com. He came to my attention after he revealed how he was able to score over $10,000 worth of free biking products for review on his blog. His blog is growing well and while I tend to focus on the direct monetization aspect of blogging, there’s a perk that isn’t talked about too much when it comes to blogging – how much free stuff you can get – and Robb is definitely enjoying this benefit.
It’s usually easier to get free products for review from companies rather than convince them to spend money sponsoring your blog, so this is an especially good tactic to get a reward for your hard work when your blog isn’t super big yet. Assuming the companies can see the benefit that your blog can potentially deliver, working a proactive approach to secure free goods is a good strategy, and certainly something Robb has done extremely well.
Robb’s also become an excellent review writer, which as you will hear in this interview is a powerful technique for affiliate marketing on blogs, something I’ve been doing for a long time and making very good money with.
- Robb explains how he got into blogging and his topic of mountain biking
- We learn how Robb is able to secure so much free stuff
- Robb breaks down his approach strategy to proactively seek free goods for review on his blog
- We learn how Robb was able to initially build traffic to his mountain bike blog, including three specific techniques that have worked really well for him
- Robb offers some feedback on how helpful participating in the Blog Mastermind course was for his blogging
Click Here to Download the MP3 [ 25 Minutes - 11 MB]