The Report That Changed Blogging.
Join My Newsletter And Download The "Blog Profits Blueprint"
Perry Perry Perry! – How often can I say this guy’s name! I’ll cut to the chase, yet again Perry Marshall has some tips for us on making sure Google gives you the cheapest click prices in AdWords.
The metric that determines whether Google will “slap” your ad campaigns with a high cost per click, is called the Quality Score. As usual with Google we don’t know exactly how they calculate it, but we have a good idea thanks to guys like Perry, who have a lot of clients with huge AdWords campaigns – he has some great data from which to draw conclusions from.
According to Perry’s latest update on defeating the Google slap, the main culprits for a low Quality Score are:
I realize for some of you, this might seem a bit confusing, but that’s because you haven’t played with AdWords enough yet to get a firm grasp of how the system works. Once you start bidding and buying traffic you start to get a feel of how the software operates and the tips above by Perry just make common sense.
Google needs to keep the relevancy of advertisements high so you need to take extra steps to provide more value to readers when you send traffic to your sites via AdWords.
As Perry explains, here is Google’s point of view:
Imagine that you’re in the search engine business, trying to serve up good results to people who search.
Eventually you figure out that 1% of being a successful search engine is showing good results at the top of the list. The other 99% of your job is eliminating the bad results and the spammers. When Jack Welch was president of GE, his policy was to fire the worst-performing 10% of employees every year. Likewise, Google slaps the least relevant 10% of their advertisers every six months.
I didn’t know this, but Google actually tells you the quality score of each keyword you bid on in AdWords. You get a rating from Poor to OK to Great, with each value impacting how much you pay per click. If you can get the relevancy up to Great you pay below 5 cents per click. If you’re stuck at Poor you may pay anywhere from 50c to $10 per click!
To display the Quality Score you need to make some changes in AdWords. Perry explains exactly how to do it with some screen shots and a lot more advice on improving the Quality Score, but the page is only for Renaissance club members so I don’t think I’m allowed to link to it publicly, but I’ll do my best to show you how to display the Quality Score in AdWords.
How to display the Quality Score in AdWords –
customise columnsand click it.
That’s it! Check out what your Quality Score is for each keyword and the corresponding minimum bid price.
From that point you can see which keywords to work on to increase the Quality Score, which you can do by adding a site map to the landing page, adding more content and links to the landing page, sitting the landing page on a content site with good search engine authority or any of the tips listed above and in my previous articles with tips from Perry.
If this is all to much for you, start at the beginning. Pay Per Click advertising is a means to buy traffic to your website from the big search engines and Google AdWords is the most well known system. You can read my introductions to Pay Per Click here -
If you are going to start a Google AdWords campaign to buy targeted traffic, make sure you join Perry Marshall’s free email newsletter first and consider buying his Definitive Guide to Google AdWords too.
The reason I get these updates with the latest news about Google AdWords is because I’m a member of Perry’s private Renaissance club membership. It’s $30 a month, you get a paper newsletter once a month and a bunch of other bonuses when you first join. If you are a regular AdWords user and spend more than $30 a month on your campaigns, you really should be part of the Renaissance club too. You will quickly earn your money back with tips like this about the Quality Score.
To read more about the club, click here – Perry Marshall Renaissance Club
I’m off to check some more of my keyword Quality Scores.
Pay Per Clicker
Learn How To Make $10,000 Per Month Blogging 2 Hours A Day
Enter your email to join my newsletter and download the Blog Profits Blueprint Exclusive Report
And learn how to build a better blog.