I sat down with Mike about a month ago and recorded this interview. I wanted to focus more on Mike’s history and how he went from car salesman working 70 hours a week to an Internet marketer in charge of a 7 million dollar business. Mike has some great stories from his years working at car dealerships and we learn a lot about how he managed to transition from working as an employee to being in charge of an Internet business.
Mike also spends some time in the interview talking about one of his core skills – building buzz using viral marketing – and you will learn about what it takes to create a viral marketing event online.
I hope you enjoy the interview and as always, if you haven’t already done so, please check out my podcast archives for more interviews like this, all free.
- Mike background growing up in Long Island NY
- Mike’s time in the car sales business
- How a SPAM email led Mike to the Internet Marketing world
- How Mike was “caught” running an Internet business which led to him being forced to quit the car sales business
- Mike discusses viral marketing with some examples
- How to build buzz online
- Tips for starting your own Internet business and a discussion of the three key ingredients for success