Blog Traffic Tips Newsletter by Yaro Starak
I received one of the best comments I have ever received to an old blog post and it reminded me of an important lesson that I would like to share with you.
I woke up to a comment left to my blog this morning that truly generated a warm and fuzzy feeling.
The comment was left to one of my older articles – nearly two years old in fact – which goes to show that people do read through your blog archives and stumble across your old content via search engines.
Here is what the comment said:
I think you are an AMAZING person. I’ve know about you for less that 24 hours and I already feel inspired by you. I was moved to tears by your blog about whether you really just work two hours a day. I forwarded that blog to key people in my life urging them to read it. You give really sound advice. You are incredibly wise at such a young age.
I wish you all the success your heart can stand.
– Tee Jenkins
That’s awesome and of course you can see why that made me feel good.
What I really liked about this comment though, and why I am bringing it up in this newsletter, is because of the part about forwarding my article to key people urging them to read my article. Now that’s word of mouth of the best kind – a friend to friend recommendation.
I don’t know how many people were contacted as a result of this one new reader finding my blog, but you can see the viral effect that can occur when you can write content that stimulates a response like that.
I went back to the article to read over what I had written to see what might have driven my reader to tears. You can take a look at the article for yourself here (this is not the article the comment was left on) –
This article contains a theme that is prevalent in my blog posts from time to time, going right back to the start of my writings. The general idea, and this is what I think made so much of an emotional impact, was my discussion of money and how it influences me.
I have a love hate relationship with money, which I believe is something I share with most people. We all want more of it, but often we are not happy with what money motivates us to do (dead end jobs, working too hard, sacrifices, etc).
This is something that clearly resonates with people on a deeper level, which as a result, can prompt the kind of reaction we want if we are looking to increase blog traffic.
When I write my articles I don’t specifically look to manipulate people to boost my traffic by focusing on tear-jerking content. However, if I hit upon a topic that is emotionally impactful, which usually means it’s something that impacts me to a great deal too, then I have no problem writing about it with some passion.
The result of this can be a strong influence on the people reading my blog, especially if I hit a broadly relevant topic and really nail the expression of my ideas.
There is a lesson here for all of us. As humans, we have a unique insight into what impacts other humans. Chances are if you feel passionate about a topic, others to do.
If you want to create viral marketing events simply as a result of the words you write to your blog, then you must find topics and ways of expressing yourself that stirs emotion in others.
Obviously not every topic is something that is emotionally stirring – I’m not going to make people teary when I write about increasing opt-in rates to an email newsletter, but from time to time you can publish content that is reflective and touches upon topics that are not so practical and more philosophical.
If you haven’t tried this angle before, I suggest you give it a go.
You might wonder how you can find ways to cover more personal subject matter if your blog topic is skewed towards something very practical. The key with this is to tell stories from your own life or the lives of others that somehow connect, perhaps by providing an analogy, to something relevant to your blog’s topic.
At the very least, whenever possible you should look to inject passion into your writing so people react with feeling to your blog posts. If you want to stimulate a response in others, you need them to feel something as a result of reading your writing. The best way to know you are on the right track is to focus on topics that you feel something about yourself.
Here’s to your blogging success.
Blog Mastermind Mentor
- How To Choose The Right Blog Topic
- How To Get More Blog Comments
- How To Build A Popular Blog
- Don’t Make This Mistake With Your Blog
- The Secret Of My Blog’s Success – The Pillar Article
- Is Blogging About Your Mistakes A Good Idea?
- Do You Have To Blog Full Time To Succeed?
- How One Technique Increased My Traffic By 25%
- What Is A Trackback And How Can It Increase Your Blog Traffic?
- How To Interlink Your Blog Articles To Increase Traffic
- How To Laser Target Your Blog Traffic
- How To Attract More RSS Subscribers
- Start Relationships For Win-Win Blogging
- Are You Trying To Run Before You Can Walk?
- Make Money From Your Blog Selling Text Links
- WordPress Bloggers – Install This Plugin To Boost Your Traffic
- The Power Of Credibility
- How To Deal With Negative Comments On Your Blog
- How To Leverage Online Forums For Blog Traffic
- What Is The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique?
- How Important Is SEO For Your Blog?
- The Death Of Link Exchanges
- Where To Find Photos To Use In Your Blog
- What Do You Want To Achieve From Blogging?
- Do You Blog Strategically?
- Don’t Forget The Newbies
- Competing For Attention In An Attention Deficit Blogosphere
- How To Be An Exceptional Blogger
- How To Create A Community At Your Blog
- Does Your Blog Have A Hook?
- Why Being Perfect Can Hurt Your Blog
- How One Blogging Technique Attracted 6000 New Subscribers
- Track Your Long Tail Trends For Traffic
- Track Your Blog Traffic Using Alexa
- Does Your Blog Design Matter?
- Why You Must Be A Thought Leader
- Establish Preeminence With A Pillar Article Series
- Is It Time For A Kick In The Pants?
- Why Do RSS Readers Unsubscribe From Blogs?
- Have You Considered Selling Ads Directly From Your Blog?
- Sell Direct Advertising On Your Blog Using This System
- How To Attract Blog Sponsors
- How To Kick-Start The Launch Of A New Blog
- Try This Tip To Attract Offline Traffic To Your Blog
- Apply This HTML Code Tip For Better Blog Headings
- The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique
- Can You Make Your Blog Readers Feel Like This…
- The Secret To Successful Blogging
- Why Bloggers Don’t Make Money From Affiliate Programs
- How Does Getting Paid $500 An Hour Sound To You?
The following lessons are from my original “blog traffic king” email newsletter, my first ever email course with one lesson per week delivered for a year. There are some real gems in these articles too, so don’t skip them!