Blog Traffic Tips Newsletter by Yaro Starak
Learn how to set up a direct ad sales system on your blog so you can begin generating revenue from sponsors.
Read my advice in this newsletter…
In the last newsletter I introduced you to the idea of selling ads directly from your blog.
Direct ad sales is a great way to increase the revenue you make from your blog without negatively impacting any other methods you currently use to make money online.
Once you have made the decision to sell ads directly from your blog you need to take one important step before you can start seeking advertisers and making money – create a system to take on advertiser campaigns.
When I go to monetize my blogs and websites I offer two types of advertising:
- Text Links
- Banner Ads
Over the years I’ve learnt that in most cases you need to keep things as simple as you can for both your advertisers and yourself, so I’ve simplified the packages and offer just the two types of advertisements.
Text links are links you add to your blog, possibly on the front page or on every page, pointing to your sponsors.
I manually add text links to my blogs and I still recommend this method to manage text link campaigns so it appears like a natural link. This will help your sponsors to improve their search engine rankings and therefore maintain text link campaigns on your blog, keeping the money coming.
There are automated text link campaign management software programs out there, but many of them use a scripting system to deliver the links, which negates some of the benefits that your sponsors want.
Links need to pass on PageRank juice (search engine ranking benefits) and most of the time if you want to ensure that this happens you need to use good old plain HTML to do it.
If you know of a good text link management program that is easy to use and keeps links natural, please email me and I’ll check out the program.
BANNER MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Banners are a different story. There is a piece of software I fell in love with many years ago called PHPadsNew, which recently changed names to Openads.
This software is free and is a robust tool for managing banner campaigns and advertisers who sponsor your blog, or any website. I currently use it right now to deliver the banners on my blog, Entrepreneurs-Journey.com, and other websites.
Openads has a ton of options, too many to explore here, so if you are serious about establishing direct ad campaigns on your blog or website, go check out Openads here –
UPDATE: I recently had an entirely new plugin developed specifically to implement my system of selling advertising on blogs. You can download the plugin for free from here –
If you are a sucker for hard work, you can manually add banners to your blog, but you don’t get the benefits of statistics, automation or an easy management interface, so I strongly recommend implementing some form of software system for controlling advertiser campaigns. Remember your local tech person can do the installation and management if this is beyond your own skills.
Once you have the delivery mechanism to allow sponsors to promote on your blog your next job is to find advertisers.
In the next newsletter I will offer you some tips on how I have attracted advertisers who purchase sponsorship packages on my blogs.
Direct ad buys currently account for about 50% of the income I earn from blogging, so it’s an area worth investigating for your blog if you haven’t done so already.
Here’s to your blogging success,
- How To Choose The Right Blog Topic
- How To Get More Blog Comments
- How To Build A Popular Blog
- Don’t Make This Mistake With Your Blog
- The Secret Of My Blog’s Success – The Pillar Article
- Is Blogging About Your Mistakes A Good Idea?
- Do You Have To Blog Full Time To Succeed?
- How One Technique Increased My Traffic By 25%
- What Is A Trackback And How Can It Increase Your Blog Traffic?
- How To Interlink Your Blog Articles To Increase Traffic
- How To Laser Target Your Blog Traffic
- How To Attract More RSS Subscribers
- Start Relationships For Win-Win Blogging
- Are You Trying To Run Before You Can Walk?
- Make Money From Your Blog Selling Text Links
- WordPress Bloggers – Install This Plugin To Boost Your Traffic
- The Power Of Credibility
- How To Deal With Negative Comments On Your Blog
- How To Leverage Online Forums For Blog Traffic
- What Is The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique?
- How Important Is SEO For Your Blog?
- The Death Of Link Exchanges
- Where To Find Photos To Use In Your Blog
- What Do You Want To Achieve From Blogging?
- Do You Blog Strategically?
- Don’t Forget The Newbies
- Competing For Attention In An Attention Deficit Blogosphere
- How To Be An Exceptional Blogger
- How To Create A Community At Your Blog
- Does Your Blog Have A Hook?
- Why Being Perfect Can Hurt Your Blog
- How One Blogging Technique Attracted 6000 New Subscribers
- Track Your Long Tail Trends For Traffic
- Track Your Blog Traffic Using Alexa
- Does Your Blog Design Matter?
- Why You Must Be A Thought Leader
- Establish Preeminence With A Pillar Article Series
- Is It Time For A Kick In The Pants?
- Why Do RSS Readers Unsubscribe From Blogs?
- Have You Considered Selling Ads Directly From Your Blog?
- Sell Direct Advertising On Your Blog Using This System
- How To Attract Blog Sponsors
- How To Kick-Start The Launch Of A New Blog
- Try This Tip To Attract Offline Traffic To Your Blog
- Apply This HTML Code Tip For Better Blog Headings
- The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique
- Can You Make Your Blog Readers Feel Like This…
- The Secret To Successful Blogging
- Why Bloggers Don’t Make Money From Affiliate Programs
- How Does Getting Paid $500 An Hour Sound To You?
The following lessons are from my original “blog traffic king” email newsletter, my first ever email course with one lesson per week delivered for a year. There are some real gems in these articles too, so don’t skip them!