Blog Tips Newsletter by Yaro Starak
If there was only one piece of advice I could give you about successful blogging, this is it.
Read this newsletter and you will understand why my blog has thousands of readers and generates thousands of dollars every month…
Today I’m going to introduce you to the main concept that is at the heart of my methodology for building blog traffic.
It’s called “Pillar Articles”.
Pillar articles on the surface appear to be standard blog articles, but for some special reasons they become the main drivers of traffic to your blog.
They form the foundations – the pillars – of your blog.
Look For These Special Outcomes
There is no one particular reason that an article becomes a Pillar, rather it’s the RESULTS you get from the article that qualify it as a Pillar.
A Pillar article will perform the following key functions for your blog –
1. Bring in a flood of traffic when first released.
This is often the result people linking to or trackbacking your article and generating a little bit of “buzz” around the blogosphere (other blogs).
2. Provide a definition of a key term, an answer to a commonly asked question, or a brief how-to tutorial.
The article’s value is not time dependent, you can refer to it in future blog posts, other bloggers will link to it and refer people to it over and over again.
A Pillar provides timeless information, not news or personal blogging – it’s relevant to a wide audience for a long period of time.
3. The traffic keeps coming long after the article is archived deep within your blog.
Often because of reason one above (lots of incoming links to the article) a Pillar article will rank well in search engines and consequently show up on the first page of searches, directing brand new readers to your blog long after you first published the article.
4. Provides a reason to bookmark and/or subscribe to your blog (and RSS feed).
When a first time reader comes to your blog and they see all the fantastic content they are much more likely to bookmark your site for further reading later. They will start monitoring your blog regularly, transforming from casual random surfer into loyal reader because they can see the quality of your previous work.
A “Spike” Is Not The Same As A Pillar
Don’t get confused between a Pillar and a “Spike”.
A Spike article is all about a quick rush of traffic that often disappears within a day or two and has very little long lasting impact. Pillars are timeless, Spikes are temporary.
One of the tricks is knowing how to convert a Spike into a Pillar.
Without Pillar articles most other traffic building techniques fail. If you don’t have Pillars in place most traffic techniques you implement will be Spikes, maybe generating a rush of traffic for brief bursts but very quickly dropping back to where you were previously.
You won’t convert first time visitors into regular readers, which is a critical outcome for the long term success of your blog.
Follow A Blog Traffic Methodology
A well constructed blog, one that follows a traffic building methodology, will retain an audience long after the blogger stops writing.
This has many positive outcomes, including –
- A) You can stop blogging for a week or two without worrying about losing your audience. This means less stress and a more solid blog foundation.
- B) The resale value of your blog will be higher because it’s value and popularity are based on the EXISTING content, not the potential future content that evaporates when the blogger stops blogging after the sale. It’s more about the blog and less about the personality behind the blog. (Although personality is still very important – more on this in future email newsletters.)
If you liked this introduction to the concept of Pillar Articles and want to know exactly how you can create Pillars for your blog, continue now by reading this article –
Here’s to your blogging success,
PS. If you are looking for a step-by-step guide to create powerful content for your blog, build a loyal audience and start making real money blogging part time, consider joining my coaching program – Blog Mastermind.
- How To Choose The Right Blog Topic
- How To Get More Blog Comments
- How To Build A Popular Blog
- Don’t Make This Mistake With Your Blog
- The Secret Of My Blog’s Success – The Pillar Article
- Is Blogging About Your Mistakes A Good Idea?
- Do You Have To Blog Full Time To Succeed?
- How One Technique Increased My Traffic By 25%
- What Is A Trackback And How Can It Increase Your Blog Traffic?
- How To Interlink Your Blog Articles To Increase Traffic
- How To Laser Target Your Blog Traffic
- How To Attract More RSS Subscribers
- Start Relationships For Win-Win Blogging
- Are You Trying To Run Before You Can Walk?
- Make Money From Your Blog Selling Text Links
- WordPress Bloggers – Install This Plugin To Boost Your Traffic
- The Power Of Credibility
- How To Deal With Negative Comments On Your Blog
- How To Leverage Online Forums For Blog Traffic
- What Is The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique?
- How Important Is SEO For Your Blog?
- The Death Of Link Exchanges
- Where To Find Photos To Use In Your Blog
- What Do You Want To Achieve From Blogging?
- Do You Blog Strategically?
- Don’t Forget The Newbies
- Competing For Attention In An Attention Deficit Blogosphere
- How To Be An Exceptional Blogger
- How To Create A Community At Your Blog
- Does Your Blog Have A Hook?
- Why Being Perfect Can Hurt Your Blog
- How One Blogging Technique Attracted 6000 New Subscribers
- Track Your Long Tail Trends For Traffic
- Track Your Blog Traffic Using Alexa
- Does Your Blog Design Matter?
- Why You Must Be A Thought Leader
- Establish Preeminence With A Pillar Article Series
- Is It Time For A Kick In The Pants?
- Why Do RSS Readers Unsubscribe From Blogs?
- Have You Considered Selling Ads Directly From Your Blog?
- Sell Direct Advertising On Your Blog Using This System
- How To Attract Blog Sponsors
- How To Kick-Start The Launch Of A New Blog
- Try This Tip To Attract Offline Traffic To Your Blog
- Apply This HTML Code Tip For Better Blog Headings
- The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique
- Can You Make Your Blog Readers Feel Like This…
- The Secret To Successful Blogging
- Why Bloggers Don’t Make Money From Affiliate Programs
- How Does Getting Paid $500 An Hour Sound To You?
The following lessons are from my original “blog traffic king” email newsletter, my first ever email course with one lesson per week delivered for a year. There are some real gems in these articles too, so don’t skip them!