Blog Traffic Tips Weekly Newsletter
by Yaro Starak – The Blog Traffic King
In today’s newsletter I want to introduce you to a traffic ranking service that is very popular yet often people grumble about how inaccurate it is.
Despite some misgivings, it’s one of the most important traffic metrics that you should know about – and I’ll explain why.
Alexa.com is a site that tracks traffic online. In fact right now your blog has what is called an Alexa Ranking or what I prefer to call it – “AlexaRank”.
AlexaRank is a number based on how popular your blog is compared to all the other blogs and websites on the Word Wide Web. The lower your AlexaRank number the better.
For example the most popular sites like Google and Yahoo! have single digit AlexaRanks because they are in the top ten of all websites online.
Generally if you can bring your blog’s AlexaRank to below the 100,000 level you are doing well.
If you want to know what your blog’s AlexaRank is go to www.Alexa.com and click the “Traffic Rankings” tab at the top, then enter your blog site address.
MORE ON ALEXA
I recently wrote an in-depth article introducing AlexaRank to my blog readers. I suggest you go read this articles now if you have no idea what AlexaRank is. You can find it here –
WHY SHOULD YOU CARE ABOUT ALEXA?
Besides being a fun thing to watch, your AlexaRank is factored in by many services online as a measure of your blog’s importance and traffic.
If you intend to make money from your blog from advertisements and selling text links you need to do all you can to raise to your AlexaRank.
Obviously the best way to do this is to actually increase your traffic, which is why you joined my newsletter, so keep implementing my traffic tips and your AlexaRank will improve over time naturally.
The main problem with AlexaRank is how it collects traffic data. It relies on a very small pool of people who use the Alexa Toolbar and based on their surfing habits, applies a ranking to every website online. Since the Alexa Toolbar users represent a very small sample of the overall total of Internet users, Alexa traffic rankings are often a poor reflection of reality, especially for lower traffic sites.
I recently conducted an experiment on three of my blogs to test whether I could raise my AlexaRank consistently. I had a theory that I thought was quite sound.
My results were good. After a couple of weeks all three of my blogs had increased their AlexaRank by at least 25% and they are still rising.
My method was very simple and you can implement it on your blog in a matter of minutes and to test whether it helps your blog AlexaRank.
To do so, follow my instructions here -
Here’s to your blogging success,
Blog Traffic King
- How To Choose The Right Blog Topic
- How To Get More Blog Comments
- How To Build A Popular Blog
- Don’t Make This Mistake With Your Blog
- The Secret Of My Blog’s Success – The Pillar Article
- Is Blogging About Your Mistakes A Good Idea?
- Do You Have To Blog Full Time To Succeed?
- How One Technique Increased My Traffic By 25%
- What Is A Trackback And How Can It Increase Your Blog Traffic?
- How To Interlink Your Blog Articles To Increase Traffic
- How To Laser Target Your Blog Traffic
- How To Attract More RSS Subscribers
- Start Relationships For Win-Win Blogging
- Are You Trying To Run Before You Can Walk?
- Make Money From Your Blog Selling Text Links
- WordPress Bloggers – Install This Plugin To Boost Your Traffic
- The Power Of Credibility
- How To Deal With Negative Comments On Your Blog
- How To Leverage Online Forums For Blog Traffic
- What Is The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique?
- How Important Is SEO For Your Blog?
- The Death Of Link Exchanges
- Where To Find Photos To Use In Your Blog
- What Do You Want To Achieve From Blogging?
- Do You Blog Strategically?
- Don’t Forget The Newbies
- Competing For Attention In An Attention Deficit Blogosphere
- How To Be An Exceptional Blogger
- How To Create A Community At Your Blog
- Does Your Blog Have A Hook?
- Why Being Perfect Can Hurt Your Blog
- How One Blogging Technique Attracted 6000 New Subscribers
- Track Your Long Tail Trends For Traffic
- Track Your Blog Traffic Using Alexa
- Does Your Blog Design Matter?
- Why You Must Be A Thought Leader
- Establish Preeminence With A Pillar Article Series
- Is It Time For A Kick In The Pants?
- Why Do RSS Readers Unsubscribe From Blogs?
- Have You Considered Selling Ads Directly From Your Blog?
- Sell Direct Advertising On Your Blog Using This System
- How To Attract Blog Sponsors
- How To Kick-Start The Launch Of A New Blog
- Try This Tip To Attract Offline Traffic To Your Blog
- Apply This HTML Code Tip For Better Blog Headings
- The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique
- Can You Make Your Blog Readers Feel Like This…
- The Secret To Successful Blogging
- Why Bloggers Don’t Make Money From Affiliate Programs
- How Does Getting Paid $500 An Hour Sound To You?
The following lessons are from my original “blog traffic king” email newsletter, my first ever email course with one lesson per week delivered for a year. There are some real gems in these articles too, so don’t skip them!