Blog Traffic Tips Weekly Newsletter
by Yaro Starak – The Blog Traffic King
Here’s a basic tip that you can implement on your blog today that will have an immediate positive impact on your traffic:
Yep, it’s that easy. A photograph or picture enhances a blog post and I have no doubt that in most cases if you did a basic A/B test of the exact same blog article with and without a photograph, the article with the image will generate a better response.
It should be obvious to you why photos and pictures enhance a blog since I expect you enjoy images too. Words are good but pictures tell a thousand stories they say, so whenever possible use the power of words and pictures together.
Let’s look at some of the ways you can integrate photography into your blog.
SMALL BUSINESS BLOGGING
I’ll start off with what I know best – small business blogging. If your blog is designed to sell you (your services or your profile, etc) then adding a photograph of yourself is a must.
One of the most effective credibility building tools is to include a photo of you with someone famous in your industry or just someone famous in general. Get yourself a happy-snap with a high profile entrepreneur like Richard Branson or Donald Trump and you have a fantastic tool for building a reputation in business circles.
The logic behind this is obvious – if you are socialising with experts in your industry then you, by association, are perceived as an expert too.
Even if you don’t have any celebrity snapshots to include on your blog, be sure to at least include a photo of yourself (or several). Blogging is about personality and it’s important your readers can identify with you. A headshot on your blog helps foster a natural rapport with your audience and projects an image of trustworthiness and friendliness.
Obviously you should use a photo with a smile and an approachable and friendly look if you want positive outcomes. It doesn’t matter how old or freaky looking you think you are – just smile and people will like you There’s no room for being shy if you want to be famous in the blogosphere.
You can see some of the ways I have used photos on my blog’s about page here –
One of the most interesting ways I have seen a blogger use photography was to include a picture of a beautiful woman in every blog post he wrote. Now why this was unusual was because the blog posts he wrote had nothing to do with the girls in the photos he included, he just stuck them in to increase the appeal of his content.
Yes, sex really does sell even if it’s got nothing to do with the topic in focus.
If this method is too deceptive for your liking you should still take note of the psychology behind it. The fact is people like to look at beautiful people, it’s just the way we are wired, and you can take advantage of this in your blogging. Use pictures of beautiful people whenever appropriate or consider deliberately covering topics that are about or relevant to someone beautiful.
And it doesn’t have to only focus on people – anything outrageous or unusual or compelling in the form of an image or photograph will enhance your blog articles and increase your traffic.
WHERE TO FIND IMAGES
I’ll end this newsletter with a link to my favorite online resource full of hundreds of high quality photos, most of which cost nothing to use.
STOCK.XCHNG – http://www.sxc.hu/
Sometimes it’s worth searching for a photo even if your article doesn’t really need it. Just having something interesting to view at the start of an article can be the difference between your article being read or clicked away from.
I often grab a photo that elicits the “feel” or general topic of the article I just wrote and stick it at the beginning of the first paragraph, either aligned to the right or left so the text wraps around it. It’s like adding flowers to a dinner table – you already have something satisfying ready to go, but that extra little garnish makes it special.
If you are not sure how to align images here’s a quick tutorial –
Here’s to your blogging success,
Blog Traffic King
- How To Choose The Right Blog Topic
- How To Get More Blog Comments
- How To Build A Popular Blog
- Don’t Make This Mistake With Your Blog
- The Secret Of My Blog’s Success – The Pillar Article
- Is Blogging About Your Mistakes A Good Idea?
- Do You Have To Blog Full Time To Succeed?
- How One Technique Increased My Traffic By 25%
- What Is A Trackback And How Can It Increase Your Blog Traffic?
- How To Interlink Your Blog Articles To Increase Traffic
- How To Laser Target Your Blog Traffic
- How To Attract More RSS Subscribers
- Start Relationships For Win-Win Blogging
- Are You Trying To Run Before You Can Walk?
- Make Money From Your Blog Selling Text Links
- WordPress Bloggers – Install This Plugin To Boost Your Traffic
- The Power Of Credibility
- How To Deal With Negative Comments On Your Blog
- How To Leverage Online Forums For Blog Traffic
- What Is The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique?
- How Important Is SEO For Your Blog?
- The Death Of Link Exchanges
- Where To Find Photos To Use In Your Blog
- What Do You Want To Achieve From Blogging?
- Do You Blog Strategically?
- Don’t Forget The Newbies
- Competing For Attention In An Attention Deficit Blogosphere
- How To Be An Exceptional Blogger
- How To Create A Community At Your Blog
- Does Your Blog Have A Hook?
- Why Being Perfect Can Hurt Your Blog
- How One Blogging Technique Attracted 6000 New Subscribers
- Track Your Long Tail Trends For Traffic
- Track Your Blog Traffic Using Alexa
- Does Your Blog Design Matter?
- Why You Must Be A Thought Leader
- Establish Preeminence With A Pillar Article Series
- Is It Time For A Kick In The Pants?
- Why Do RSS Readers Unsubscribe From Blogs?
- Have You Considered Selling Ads Directly From Your Blog?
- Sell Direct Advertising On Your Blog Using This System
- How To Attract Blog Sponsors
- How To Kick-Start The Launch Of A New Blog
- Try This Tip To Attract Offline Traffic To Your Blog
- Apply This HTML Code Tip For Better Blog Headings
- The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique
- Can You Make Your Blog Readers Feel Like This…
- The Secret To Successful Blogging
- Why Bloggers Don’t Make Money From Affiliate Programs
- How Does Getting Paid $500 An Hour Sound To You?
The following lessons are from my original “blog traffic king” email newsletter, my first ever email course with one lesson per week delivered for a year. There are some real gems in these articles too, so don’t skip them!