Yesterday I spent the afternoon at the Australian Blogging Conference, which was a lot of fun. Instead of having speakers up on stage talking at you, it’s more like a tutorial where everyone can chime in with their stories and advice, led by one or several leaders who guide the conversation.
I sat in on Duncan Riley’s session after lunch, which was on how to improve your blog, although the conversation went all over the place covering different blogging related topics.
Then in my session with Des Walsh we talked about building traffic to blogs, which was a lot of fun too.
It was a good event, not super large, but any chance you get to sit in with a group of people who share an interest in blogging and just chat, is a fun day in my books!
Plans are for this event to become an annual thing and travel around the major cities and no doubt I’ll do my best to attend, timetable permitting of course.
Here are some links I’ve been collecting for the past couple of weeks for your weekend reading. There’s a lot of “Yaro” in here, but I like to highlight people who highlight me to return the favor.
- Carl Ocab is a 14-year old kid from the Philippines, who runs a blog about making money online. He recently asked me for my “Best Blogging Tip Ever” for a series he is doing on his blog. For a 14 year old, Carl is doing a lot better than most bloggers in the niche he is covering, so don’t underestimate him because of his age.
- The Blogging Scholarship is up for grabs again. If you currently attend college and blog, are a USA citizen or resident then you qualify for a chance at $10,000 scholarship. Entries close October 6th.
- Mark Wielgus from the 45n5 site emailed me to let me know I made the Top 10 in their top 100 money making blogs list. The team at 45n5 are quite busy building all kinds of features, so it’s worth checking out their site.
- Closely following the 45n5 Top List, comes the Top 50 Make Money Online Blogs Ordered by RSS Readers thanks to Marc Eilbeck. I guess people really love these lists 🙂 .
- Nicholas Carroll sent through a link to Law of the Blog – A Blogger’s Guide to Copyright, Defamation, Trademarks, and other online legal issues, which will help anyone concerned with the legal implications of what you say on your blog and what others say in comments to your blog.
- Matt from the Blogging Fingers blog has put together the Top 5 Blogging Success Stories: Exclusive Quotes including quotes from yours truly, John Chow, Andy Beard, Kumiko (cashquests) and John COW.
- Laura Milligan offers her 50 Practical Home Office Feng Shui Tips for all you home business folks.
- Qwizzy is a unique new service that lets you add a question and answer stream to your blog and other popular social media sites
- Courtney Tuttle was nice enough to include me on her list of Top 7 Internet Marketing Mentors You Can Trust. I like it that the lines between Internet marketing and blogging are blurring, since as you will see in this list, all the Internet marketing mentors are bloggers.
- Blog Mastermind students and long time blogging friends, Life Goggles, posted up 100 Ways To Save The Planet, which you can get in a PDF report.
- And to finish with, the mysterious John Cow is running a competition including prizes from Seth Godin, Aaron Wall and me, with a free three month entry into Blog Mastermind.