Blog Traffic Tips Newsletter
by Yaro Starak
In last issue of this newsletter I explained the importance of establishing preeminence in your chosen topic area.
Continuing on that theme, this week it’s your turn to take steps to establish preeminence at your blog.
THE PILLAR SERIES
You already know what a pillar article is – a timeless piece of content that pulls in traffic forever, or at least for a long time.
You can leverage this technique in a big way by producing an article series, connecting a sequence of pillar articles together to really bring in the traffic and educate your readers.
If you ask many of the top bloggers they will tell you that one of their first really big successes came as a result of publishing a series of how-to articles on a specific topic.
Brian Clark of the very popular Copyblogger.com blog told me exactly that on a recent audio podcast recording I did with him for a bonus product, which comes with my book on search engine optimization for bloggers.
Brian noted that he strung together a couple of article series on copywriting for blogs that resulted in a lot of traffic and exposure on many blogs.
If it wasn’t for events like this his blog would never had established the huge following he now has.
Now you must do the same.
Pick a popular topic in the niche that you write about on your blog, something meaty enough that you can discuss it from many angles and offer advice on various topics.
Write down the main topic for each article and how it will link through to the next in the series. Consider the overall point you want to teach and the argument you need to develop in order to successful educate your readers.
If you can think of examples from your life jot down a reminder note and use that example somewhere in your series. Each article in the series should have a point or several points of its own, but also lend credence to the overall point you are making.
If you can’t construct the entire series in your head now, don’t worry, it may come to you as you write it. The important thing is to focus on really putting your best stuff out there, so this should be a topic you really have a key insight into, and of course, it must meld well with your blog topic as well.
By the time you receive my next newsletter I hope you have started your pillar series and can already report back some great results.
Remember too that if you write enough solid article series you can piece them together as chapters in a book – a book you wrote while building traffic to your blog at the same time.
That’s a good way to get even more value from the time you spend writing to your blog.
Here’s to your blogging success,
- How To Choose The Right Blog Topic
- How To Get More Blog Comments
- How To Build A Popular Blog
- Don’t Make This Mistake With Your Blog
- The Secret Of My Blog’s Success – The Pillar Article
- Is Blogging About Your Mistakes A Good Idea?
- Do You Have To Blog Full Time To Succeed?
- How One Technique Increased My Traffic By 25%
- What Is A Trackback And How Can It Increase Your Blog Traffic?
- How To Interlink Your Blog Articles To Increase Traffic
- How To Laser Target Your Blog Traffic
- How To Attract More RSS Subscribers
- Start Relationships For Win-Win Blogging
- Are You Trying To Run Before You Can Walk?
- Make Money From Your Blog Selling Text Links
- WordPress Bloggers – Install This Plugin To Boost Your Traffic
- The Power Of Credibility
- How To Deal With Negative Comments On Your Blog
- How To Leverage Online Forums For Blog Traffic
- What Is The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique?
- How Important Is SEO For Your Blog?
- The Death Of Link Exchanges
- Where To Find Photos To Use In Your Blog
- What Do You Want To Achieve From Blogging?
- Do You Blog Strategically?
- Don’t Forget The Newbies
- Competing For Attention In An Attention Deficit Blogosphere
- How To Be An Exceptional Blogger
- How To Create A Community At Your Blog
- Does Your Blog Have A Hook?
- Why Being Perfect Can Hurt Your Blog
- How One Blogging Technique Attracted 6000 New Subscribers
- Track Your Long Tail Trends For Traffic
- Track Your Blog Traffic Using Alexa
- Does Your Blog Design Matter?
- Why You Must Be A Thought Leader
- Establish Preeminence With A Pillar Article Series
- Is It Time For A Kick In The Pants?
- Why Do RSS Readers Unsubscribe From Blogs?
- Have You Considered Selling Ads Directly From Your Blog?
- Sell Direct Advertising On Your Blog Using This System
- How To Attract Blog Sponsors
- How To Kick-Start The Launch Of A New Blog
- Try This Tip To Attract Offline Traffic To Your Blog
- Apply This HTML Code Tip For Better Blog Headings
- The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique
- Can You Make Your Blog Readers Feel Like This…
- The Secret To Successful Blogging
- Why Bloggers Don’t Make Money From Affiliate Programs
- How Does Getting Paid $500 An Hour Sound To You?
The following lessons are from my original “blog traffic king” email newsletter, my first ever email course with one lesson per week delivered for a year. There are some real gems in these articles too, so don’t skip them!