Blog Traffic Tips Newsletter
by Yaro Starak
Last newsletter I assigned you with the task of writing a pillar article series to build preeminence at your blog.
Did you begin your series?
I recently finished a five-part article series on professional blogging as a sustainable business model on my blog. It was by far the most significant series of articles I have ever published.
It took me nearly a month to complete the five articles because each article was between 2000 and 3000 words and required significant time to research and polish to my satisfaction.
If you are interested in professional blogging you should read my series. Start with the first part here –
Now that I have completed the project I collectively have over 10,000 words of content on a very relevant topic to my niche. Not only does this content demonstrate my expertise in the current blogging industry, it also provides a fantastic resource which I can re-use in the future.
I’m not sure what I will do, but I’ve been thinking that I might compile the entire series into a free report and release it as a PDF. I might use it as a lead-in resource to encourage people to sign up to a newsletter or as a free give away in one of the blogging products I will sell in the future.
During January 2007 my article series on professional blogging was pretty much the only content I published to my blog. As I released each article new comments would come in and many other bloggers linked to the article and continued the conversation I started.
Despite the large gaps between posting each article – I even went a full week without publishing a new article to my blog at one point – it did not affect my traffic.
People told me they would check back daily, eager to see if the next part in the series was available.
As I type this my traffic is nearing 4000 unique visitors a day and averages at least 3000 per day.
Twelve months ago I released the very first Blog Traffic Tips newsletter and back then I was averaging between 1000 and 2000 visitors per day. That’s about 100% growth in a year, not bad.
I can honestly say it would not have happened without focusing on pillar articles and producing compelling content like this article series.
WHAT ABOUT YOU?
If you have blogged for a while – and since this is newsletter 39 I suspect you have – can you look back over the previous year and say you are happy with the content you provided for your readers and the traffic rewards you reaped as a result?
If not, you only have one person to blame, but don’t wallow in self pity for too long – make a decision to do a better job over the next 12 months – starting NOW.
There are only two ingredients stopping your blog traffic from skyrocket from 0 to 1000 daily readers or more if you have not met that milestone yet:
- The reason why a person comes to your blog in the first place – your pillar articles.
- A means for them to find out about your blog – how you promote your blog.
There’s not much I can do regarding the content you publish to your blog. I can tell you to write quality, I can tell you to write often, I can tell you to write as a leading expert in your industry, but if you read these words and instead go and read other people’s blogs and never work on your own blog, then I’m at a loss.
Where I can help you is with marketing techniques, strategies and the psychology behind what makes a successful blog. It’s your job to take this advice and apply it to your blogging every time you write an article.
Becoming a better blogger is like learning any skill – you get better with repeat practice in real life situations.
Eventually what I teach in in these newsletters will feel like second nature to you. It will make intuitive sense how you can apply each technique to your blog.
Consider this newsletter a slap in the face if you are not earning the results you want yet. If you need inspiration go back and read over my previous newsletters and implement some of the techniques. Implement, Implement, Implement.
Nothing happens without implementation.
Here’s to your blogging success,
- How To Choose The Right Blog Topic
- How To Get More Blog Comments
- How To Build A Popular Blog
- Don’t Make This Mistake With Your Blog
- The Secret Of My Blog’s Success – The Pillar Article
- Is Blogging About Your Mistakes A Good Idea?
- Do You Have To Blog Full Time To Succeed?
- How One Technique Increased My Traffic By 25%
- What Is A Trackback And How Can It Increase Your Blog Traffic?
- How To Interlink Your Blog Articles To Increase Traffic
- How To Laser Target Your Blog Traffic
- How To Attract More RSS Subscribers
- Start Relationships For Win-Win Blogging
- Are You Trying To Run Before You Can Walk?
- Make Money From Your Blog Selling Text Links
- WordPress Bloggers – Install This Plugin To Boost Your Traffic
- The Power Of Credibility
- How To Deal With Negative Comments On Your Blog
- How To Leverage Online Forums For Blog Traffic
- What Is The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique?
- How Important Is SEO For Your Blog?
- The Death Of Link Exchanges
- Where To Find Photos To Use In Your Blog
- What Do You Want To Achieve From Blogging?
- Do You Blog Strategically?
- Don’t Forget The Newbies
- Competing For Attention In An Attention Deficit Blogosphere
- How To Be An Exceptional Blogger
- How To Create A Community At Your Blog
- Does Your Blog Have A Hook?
- Why Being Perfect Can Hurt Your Blog
- How One Blogging Technique Attracted 6000 New Subscribers
- Track Your Long Tail Trends For Traffic
- Track Your Blog Traffic Using Alexa
- Does Your Blog Design Matter?
- Why You Must Be A Thought Leader
- Establish Preeminence With A Pillar Article Series
- Is It Time For A Kick In The Pants?
- Why Do RSS Readers Unsubscribe From Blogs?
- Have You Considered Selling Ads Directly From Your Blog?
- Sell Direct Advertising On Your Blog Using This System
- How To Attract Blog Sponsors
- How To Kick-Start The Launch Of A New Blog
- Try This Tip To Attract Offline Traffic To Your Blog
- Apply This HTML Code Tip For Better Blog Headings
- The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique
- Can You Make Your Blog Readers Feel Like This…
- The Secret To Successful Blogging
- Why Bloggers Don’t Make Money From Affiliate Programs
- How Does Getting Paid $500 An Hour Sound To You?
The following lessons are from my original “blog traffic king” email newsletter, my first ever email course with one lesson per week delivered for a year. There are some real gems in these articles too, so don’t skip them!