Blog Traffic Tips Weekly Newsletter
by Yaro Starak – The Blog Traffic King
How is your blog? This is blog traffic newsletter number 13 which means you have had three months worth of tips and advice to grow your blog readership.
- Did you pass any milestones?
- Did you meet any goals?
- Is your blog traffic increasing?
- Are you hitting roadblocks?
I’d love to hear your story, please reply to this email to let me know how your are doing.
A Million Dollar Book
I recently finished reading a book that I suspect you will have heard of, especially if you are entrepreneurial.
It’s called “The One Minute Millionaire” by Mark Victor Hanson.
The book has two themes, one on the odd pages and one on the even pages. One side contains a rags-to-riches story about a women who has to make a million dollars in 90 days or lose custody of her children. The other is more practical, reflecting the lessons she learns along the way and teaching the reader the keys and steps to becoming an “enlightened millionaire”.
I recommend this book to anyone who wants to achieve financial independence, lead a rewarding life and help other people along the way. You can read more about the book from Amazon.com here –
What I liked about the book is that it teaches how to be an ENLIGHTENED millionaire, not just a millionaire who tramples over other people to get rich. An enlightened millionaire works only towards partnerships that are win-win, providing positive returns and outcomes for all parties involved.
Win-Win Blog Relationships
Relationships are key to building blog traffic. You foster relationships with your readers and other bloggers every day you blog. It’s one of the key reasons why blogs work – they are very effective at relationship building – a lot more effective than your typical boring brochure website.
Most bloggers are aware of the importance of relationships but they rarely do anything *proactive* to foster them. It’s time you changed that.
How To Double Your Blog Traffic
Here’s a technique I want you to implement immediately that potentially can double your blog traffic over night.
Step 1: Find another blogger discussing a similar topic to yours, perhaps in a complimentary industry. Make sure the target audience is very similar to yours (remember my previous newsletter about choosing the right audience?).
Step 2: Email the blogger and ask if they are willing to publish an article you write for them and include a link back to your blog with it.
If they agree make sure you write a solid original article that presents your expertize in the area you are blogging about. This will lead to more people clicking through from the article to read your blog.
If you can, write the article in advance and send it to the other blogger when you approach them so they can see the quality of your work before making a decision.
Don’t try this technique if you have only just started blogging, wait until you have established some credibility and content otherwise you may face some resistance.
If you are smart instead of emailing completely out of the blue and asking for help, first email to introduce yourself and provide some feedback about their blog (people love to hear that you are reading their blog) and slowly foster a relationship with your new blogger friend. Later when you know each other better your new friend will likely be more receptive to your proposals.
If you are a relatively new blogger you can add a third step to the technique.
Step 3: Ask the other blogger if they would also like to write an article for your blog which you will publish and link back to them. This effectively creates a “content exchange” as well as a link exchange.
The third step generally only works when two relatively new bloggers use it because you will find most well established bloggers are too busy to write content for you unless you can offer them significant exposure in return.
When all three steps happen it really is a win-win situation since both bloggers gain content and traffic.
Here’s to your blogging success,
Blog Traffic King
- How To Choose The Right Blog Topic
- How To Get More Blog Comments
- How To Build A Popular Blog
- Don’t Make This Mistake With Your Blog
- The Secret Of My Blog’s Success – The Pillar Article
- Is Blogging About Your Mistakes A Good Idea?
- Do You Have To Blog Full Time To Succeed?
- How One Technique Increased My Traffic By 25%
- What Is A Trackback And How Can It Increase Your Blog Traffic?
- How To Interlink Your Blog Articles To Increase Traffic
- How To Laser Target Your Blog Traffic
- How To Attract More RSS Subscribers
- Start Relationships For Win-Win Blogging
- Are You Trying To Run Before You Can Walk?
- Make Money From Your Blog Selling Text Links
- WordPress Bloggers – Install This Plugin To Boost Your Traffic
- The Power Of Credibility
- How To Deal With Negative Comments On Your Blog
- How To Leverage Online Forums For Blog Traffic
- What Is The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique?
- How Important Is SEO For Your Blog?
- The Death Of Link Exchanges
- Where To Find Photos To Use In Your Blog
- What Do You Want To Achieve From Blogging?
- Do You Blog Strategically?
- Don’t Forget The Newbies
- Competing For Attention In An Attention Deficit Blogosphere
- How To Be An Exceptional Blogger
- How To Create A Community At Your Blog
- Does Your Blog Have A Hook?
- Why Being Perfect Can Hurt Your Blog
- How One Blogging Technique Attracted 6000 New Subscribers
- Track Your Long Tail Trends For Traffic
- Track Your Blog Traffic Using Alexa
- Does Your Blog Design Matter?
- Why You Must Be A Thought Leader
- Establish Preeminence With A Pillar Article Series
- Is It Time For A Kick In The Pants?
- Why Do RSS Readers Unsubscribe From Blogs?
- Have You Considered Selling Ads Directly From Your Blog?
- Sell Direct Advertising On Your Blog Using This System
- How To Attract Blog Sponsors
- How To Kick-Start The Launch Of A New Blog
- Try This Tip To Attract Offline Traffic To Your Blog
- Apply This HTML Code Tip For Better Blog Headings
- The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique
- Can You Make Your Blog Readers Feel Like This…
- The Secret To Successful Blogging
- Why Bloggers Don’t Make Money From Affiliate Programs
- How Does Getting Paid $500 An Hour Sound To You?
The following lessons are from my original “blog traffic king” email newsletter, my first ever email course with one lesson per week delivered for a year. There are some real gems in these articles too, so don’t skip them!