Blog Traffic Tips Weekly Newsletter
by Yaro Starak – The Blog Traffic King
One of the seriously positive benefits of blogging is the credibility you can build in your chosen field. If you blog well and blog often and the topics you write about inform people, you will quickly become associated with those topics as someone who knows something of value. This is called credibility.
Credibility is a powerful force and can have many positive impacts on your life. It can make it easier for you to sell something since your credibility is a stamp of approval on any products you offer. It can make it easier for you to open doors for partnerships since people want to work with you. It can get you clients because it’s a form of reputation that stimulates word of mouth. Of course, it can also get you blog traffic, which is nice because as I mentioned, a blog builds your credibility – that a good combination and symbiotic relationship.
When I first started blogging I wrote quite a few articles about search engine optimization (SEO) – techniques you can use on your website to get better rankings in search engines. I had some experience and knowledge in this area because I researched a lot about website marketing during the late nineties as part of running hobby websites. You can find many of my SEO Articles on my blog.
After I had blogged for a while it became apparent that I was developing a reputation for being an SEO expert, which at the time quite surprised me because I didn’t start blogging with the intention of promoting myself as an SEO expert. It was an excellent benefit I never saw coming and really opened my eyes up to the potential of blogging for credibility building – all I had to do was write about what I already knew and suddenly I was an expert!
A Nice Surprise
Just this week one of my friends, Jamsi, sent me an instant message pointing out that I was featured on the front page of a very prominent online advertising company’s website – Text-Link-Ads.com.
Text-Link-Ads is a very popular service, which thousands of website owners use everyday, so the traffic and exposure from this link is fantastic. I don’t know how long it will stay up on the front page, but right now as I type this it is still there and has been for a few days. It’s in the prime real estate on the site and I was quite chuffed to see it there – It was a total surprise – but a good one!
I’ll put my SEO hat on for a second and point out that Text-Link-Ads has a PageRank 6 and certainly many thousands of backlinks – I’ve linked to it myself on numerous times because I use and recommend the site to other people. Having a backlink from a site like this does good things for my blog’s PageRank and PageAuthority. Now these concepts might be new to you and totally confusing at the moment – I can’t explain them in this blog post but if you are interested try my blog article – PageRank Explained.
To be honest the PageRank and the direct traffic are nice benefits but the real result from this link is the enhancement to my own credibility and awareness. My name is exposed to a lot of people and simply by featuring as a testimonial on a popular site I will further be perceived as an expert.
But how exactly does credibility get you blog traffic?
This story is a perfect example of how credibility alone can bring you traffic to your blog. The only reason I got this feature link was because the owners of Text-Link-Ads believe that having a testimonial from me on their site enhances their credibility. Having “Yaro Starak” recommend their service means they get more customers. For me, having Text-Link-Ads refer to my name with a quote and link to my site, means I get all the benefits I mentioned above.
Now you might think this is just a case of two websites/organizations patting each other on the back for mutual benefit, which it certainly is, but in no way did I seek to create this relationship overtly. As I said it was a complete surprise to me, I did not ask for it.
Why did it happen? – Because I blogged. Because I kept blogging and built up a reputation. As you can see, success builds on success.
Can You Build A Reputation?
There is no reason why you can’t have similar stories to tell about your blog if you establish yourself as an expert in your niche. If you blog about something you know a lot about it’s only a matter of pumping out pillar-level quality articles on a consistent basis. If you really do know about something your experience will shine through.
Not everyone has enough experience and knowledge to do it of course – if you have only just started out in life you may need to do some living and some learning before you get enough built up experience to be an expert at something. If you are young or just starting out in your field you should focus on study and trying things, eventually you will learn skills that other people will want to learn from you giving you the potential to become an expert in your field.
Blog Traffic King
- How To Choose The Right Blog Topic
- How To Get More Blog Comments
- How To Build A Popular Blog
- Don’t Make This Mistake With Your Blog
- The Secret Of My Blog’s Success – The Pillar Article
- Is Blogging About Your Mistakes A Good Idea?
- Do You Have To Blog Full Time To Succeed?
- How One Technique Increased My Traffic By 25%
- What Is A Trackback And How Can It Increase Your Blog Traffic?
- How To Interlink Your Blog Articles To Increase Traffic
- How To Laser Target Your Blog Traffic
- How To Attract More RSS Subscribers
- Start Relationships For Win-Win Blogging
- Are You Trying To Run Before You Can Walk?
- Make Money From Your Blog Selling Text Links
- WordPress Bloggers – Install This Plugin To Boost Your Traffic
- The Power Of Credibility
- How To Deal With Negative Comments On Your Blog
- How To Leverage Online Forums For Blog Traffic
- What Is The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique?
- How Important Is SEO For Your Blog?
- The Death Of Link Exchanges
- Where To Find Photos To Use In Your Blog
- What Do You Want To Achieve From Blogging?
- Do You Blog Strategically?
- Don’t Forget The Newbies
- Competing For Attention In An Attention Deficit Blogosphere
- How To Be An Exceptional Blogger
- How To Create A Community At Your Blog
- Does Your Blog Have A Hook?
- Why Being Perfect Can Hurt Your Blog
- How One Blogging Technique Attracted 6000 New Subscribers
- Track Your Long Tail Trends For Traffic
- Track Your Blog Traffic Using Alexa
- Does Your Blog Design Matter?
- Why You Must Be A Thought Leader
- Establish Preeminence With A Pillar Article Series
- Is It Time For A Kick In The Pants?
- Why Do RSS Readers Unsubscribe From Blogs?
- Have You Considered Selling Ads Directly From Your Blog?
- Sell Direct Advertising On Your Blog Using This System
- How To Attract Blog Sponsors
- How To Kick-Start The Launch Of A New Blog
- Try This Tip To Attract Offline Traffic To Your Blog
- Apply This HTML Code Tip For Better Blog Headings
- The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique
- Can You Make Your Blog Readers Feel Like This…
- The Secret To Successful Blogging
- Why Bloggers Don’t Make Money From Affiliate Programs
- How Does Getting Paid $500 An Hour Sound To You?
The following lessons are from my original “blog traffic king” email newsletter, my first ever email course with one lesson per week delivered for a year. There are some real gems in these articles too, so don’t skip them!