Blog Traffic Tips Weekly Newsletter
by Yaro Starak – The Blog Traffic King
This edition of the Blog Traffic Tips Newsletter is for WordPress bloggers. I’m sorry if this upsets any other bloggers (especially you blogspot bloggers – I know there are a lot of you) but I have to tell you about a fantastic plugin you can install on your blog that can do great things for your traffic. If nothing else this newsletter may convince you non-WordPress bloggers to make the switch and start enjoying the power and convenience of WordPress.
If you would like further details on switching to WordPress check out this page which lists details on how you can import your current blog content into a new WordPress blog –
RELATED POSTS PLUGIN
The related posts plugin is available from –
It’s easy to install, just like most WordPress plugins – you upload the file, switch the plugin on in your WordPress control panel, configure a few options and place a line of code into your WordPress theme where you want the links to appear and you are done!
The related posts plugin will add links to other blog posts you have made that it thinks are related to the topic of the current post. I place the related posts links at the end of every article in my blogs. The links are automatically generated by the plugin and it chooses the previous posts based on keywords.
For example if I write a new blog post on how to get traffic from search engines, it will select some of my previous articles on search engines and place them as links at the end of the post.
Take a look at any entry on the Small Business Branding blog for an example –
You can stipulate how many related posts to include. I chose five, but you can have three or only one if you like, it’s up to you and you configure the number in the plugin options.
HOW THIS HELPS YOUR BLOG TRAFFIC
There are a few key reasons why this plugin is good for your traffic. The main reason is that it will increase your pageviews, which means it will increase how many individual pages (articles) each person reads at your blog. When they finish reading one post they may click through to read one of the related posts and so on and so on. This increases how long they stay at your blog and means they read more of your content.
If you earn money from advertising on your blog then it can also increase your earnings since visitors are exposed to more advertisements.
DON’T FORGET SEARCH ENGINES
The other benefit is that you are creating more internal links. As I have mentioned in previous newsletters, having links within each blog post pointing to previous posts you have made is good for your search rankings. By using the related posts plugin you generate new links to your previous content each time you post, meaning the overall linking structure of your blog is strengthened. It’s a bit complicated to explain exactly why but rest assured it is a good thing.
You can read this article if you want more information on why internal links help –
AUTOMATION MAKES IT EASY
The best thing about this plugin is that it’s automatic. You install it and forget about it. I love plugins like these because they are free, are great for your traffic and make sure more of your content is read and not lost in your archives. It literally takes two minutes to install so you have no excuses – go do it now.
If you are not a WordPress user then once again, I urge you to make the change – http://www.wordpress.org
Here’s to your blogging success,
Blog Traffic King
- How To Choose The Right Blog Topic
- How To Get More Blog Comments
- How To Build A Popular Blog
- Don’t Make This Mistake With Your Blog
- The Secret Of My Blog’s Success – The Pillar Article
- Is Blogging About Your Mistakes A Good Idea?
- Do You Have To Blog Full Time To Succeed?
- How One Technique Increased My Traffic By 25%
- What Is A Trackback And How Can It Increase Your Blog Traffic?
- How To Interlink Your Blog Articles To Increase Traffic
- How To Laser Target Your Blog Traffic
- How To Attract More RSS Subscribers
- Start Relationships For Win-Win Blogging
- Are You Trying To Run Before You Can Walk?
- Make Money From Your Blog Selling Text Links
- WordPress Bloggers – Install This Plugin To Boost Your Traffic
- The Power Of Credibility
- How To Deal With Negative Comments On Your Blog
- How To Leverage Online Forums For Blog Traffic
- What Is The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique?
- How Important Is SEO For Your Blog?
- The Death Of Link Exchanges
- Where To Find Photos To Use In Your Blog
- What Do You Want To Achieve From Blogging?
- Do You Blog Strategically?
- Don’t Forget The Newbies
- Competing For Attention In An Attention Deficit Blogosphere
- How To Be An Exceptional Blogger
- How To Create A Community At Your Blog
- Does Your Blog Have A Hook?
- Why Being Perfect Can Hurt Your Blog
- How One Blogging Technique Attracted 6000 New Subscribers
- Track Your Long Tail Trends For Traffic
- Track Your Blog Traffic Using Alexa
- Does Your Blog Design Matter?
- Why You Must Be A Thought Leader
- Establish Preeminence With A Pillar Article Series
- Is It Time For A Kick In The Pants?
- Why Do RSS Readers Unsubscribe From Blogs?
- Have You Considered Selling Ads Directly From Your Blog?
- Sell Direct Advertising On Your Blog Using This System
- How To Attract Blog Sponsors
- How To Kick-Start The Launch Of A New Blog
- Try This Tip To Attract Offline Traffic To Your Blog
- Apply This HTML Code Tip For Better Blog Headings
- The Most Powerful Blog Traffic Technique
- Can You Make Your Blog Readers Feel Like This…
- The Secret To Successful Blogging
- Why Bloggers Don’t Make Money From Affiliate Programs
- How Does Getting Paid $500 An Hour Sound To You?
The following lessons are from my original “blog traffic king” email newsletter, my first ever email course with one lesson per week delivered for a year. There are some real gems in these articles too, so don’t skip them!